Friday, July 6, 2007

Week's End

Dad has physical therapy today. He's wrapping up three weeks of it for his stiff neck. Mom has her mammogram and some blood work done today before Dad goes to physical therapy. We'll drop him off and go to Wal-Mart to run around while he's doing his thing.

I'm getting ready to paint their bathroom. I was going to do it this weekend but the 4th of July celebration was postponed to tomorrow because there were thunderstorms forecast on the 4th. In fact, we were under a tornado warning until 9 p.m.

There isn't much more to say about Mom and Alzheimer's today. She still is interested in getting into a clinical trial of AD medications showing promise. Like Flurizan, which has reportedly made a difference in AD patients...restoring quality of life. But even that won't give her back what she had before the stroke. She wants to drive, but I told her to drive she has to be able to use her right leg without lifting it into and out of the car. I know my mother. She'll work at strengthening that leg. I don't know if she can realistically do it, but she'll try hard because she wants to drive again.

No comments: