Friday, August 10, 2007

Stormy weather

Stormy weather hit our town and everyplace else across the state yesterday and motivated its way over Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and D.C. And lots of other places across the country. The humidity and heat is record-shattering, and one can't help the global warming/greenhouse effect issues coming to mind.

Mom and Dad are staying inside as much as they can. But the steamy windows bother Dad. The central air was on cooling the inside of the house, but the heat outside was so intense, it created vapors on the windows. And they got into a bickering match about it. It's no big deal if the windows steam up. But to Dad it was.

I bought Omega 3 Fish Oil a couple of weeks ago and gave a bottle of it to Mom. If the Alzheimer's research people are doing a clinical trial for this, there might be something to it. It can't hurt. Might help. Mom started to take it immediately, as did I. But remembering to take the time for gulping down these horsepills is an issue for me. It's not so much forgetting as taking the time. Slow down for 30 seconds and take it. What's 30 seconds? Half a minute.

And it's all like chasing the wind. Why am I in a hurry going nowhere?

Mom is always happy to see me when I walk in the door. I need to walk in the door more often. Dad's happy to see me too. He told me he doesn't know how he'd handle all this without me. Well, someone else would help him...maybe. I don't know. I am concerned how I'm going to go to college 12-15 hours a semester for the next 1-2 years and help him and Mom, too. But my brother said I have to live my life for me, so I will do this. Educate a woman and you educate a family.

No comments: