Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm Thinking


It's raining. Such a different day than we experienced four years ago, the day Dad left this world. On the hillside behind Mary's house the evergreens and sleeping deciduous trees of various kinds wave to me. It is cold enough to chill me so I have plugged in the little electric heater to warm my feet. This is likely the warmest room in the house.

I'm thinking about changes that need to be made. Changes already made. Change that occurs constantly in our lives.

I'm thinking about life and death, living and dying—and simply floating along.

I'm thinking about what I read about the stages of a woman's life...Virgin, Mother, Crone. At the crone stage, women make a huge choice: will they accept or change the way they are living at this moment?

I'm thinking about the lives of my ancestors and the lives of my children and grandchildren from this sandwich position I am in. And I'm pondering about how our lives, our generations overlap, how we influence each others lives.

I'm thinking about how different everything is four years after my father's passing and 19 months after Mom's passing.

© 2013 Cathy Thomas Brownfield ~ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this blog or blog entry may be used without the written consent of the author.

No comments: